- The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) invites new and competing continuation applications proposing Institutional Dental Research Training programs. The NIDCR issues this program announcement in recognition of the need to develop a cadre of highly skilled, interactive scientists who can successfully address the expanding opportunities in dental, oral and craniofacial research. The award described in this announcement is designed to provide training opportunities in dental, oral and craniofacial research by supporting integrated but flexible institutional programs. The awards are comprehensive training grants to fund pre-doctoral, post-doctoral and short-term trainees.
- Priority will be given to programs that present plans and evidence that they will train dentist scientists either as DSTPs, dentists training to the PhD or dentists training in a postdoctoral research experience.
- Applicants may request awards up to $700,000 in direct costs. Because the nature and scope of the proposed training programs will differ from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also differ. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the overall number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
- Awards made under this program announcement will use the NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service (T32) award mechanism.
- Only domestic, non-profit, private or public institutions may apply for grants to support NRSA research training programs.
- Eligible program directors include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed training program. Program Directors should have a strong and active track record in research and administration that demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to develop and manage the proposed program.
- An eligible institution may submit only a single application per submission date.
- See Section IV.1 for application materials.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Eligible functional categories:
Oral Diseases and Disorders Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster